Pages

Tuesday 25 November 2014

A video tour of Penny's mini album

When Penny returned from Canada she had taken quite a few photos and had some sent to her from our Canadian relatives. She also had a fair bit of memorabilia too! So what is a Mum to do? A mini book of course!

I bought some instructions online and made this 6x8 mini book. It took me a couple of months all told, but I had fun doing it! The best way to show you all the parts is a video, so here it is! Please excuse the bit where I take the book out of shot! I haven't video'd using a tripod before, sure I will get better in time!
And here is the finished book looking at the top of it.
Penny is thrilled with it, so I am too!

PS Ruth has asked for a link to the blog I found this book. D'oh! I meant to put that in originally! You can find the blog here and I bought the PDF instructions from her shop here. I also bought her binding tutorial PDF which can be found here.

11 comments:

Ruth said...

It's fantastic, well done!! Would you mind sharing the website details of where you bought the book's instructions from?

Becky said...

I've now posted a link to the website where I bought the instructions from in the blog :)

Karen said...

This is wonderful! I love all the interactive pockets and hidden bits of journaling. No wonder you and Penny are pleased!

Alison said...

So glad Ruth asked for the link...I was just about to do the same! You've made a fantastic job of it - Penny will love it! Xx

Alison said...

So glad Ruth asked for the link...I was just about to do the same! You've made a fantastic job of it - Penny will love it! Xx

Sian said...

Very enjoyable indeed! It was nice to hear your voice too :)

This is definitely an album to treasure

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I'm such a fan of minibooks, and this one is fantastic with all it's pockets and flaps. I'm sure Penny will love this little treasure!

Sandra said...

Now I'm not normally a mini book girl, but oh my I think this could change all that. This is gorgeous ... Well done and well done on the video too. I see a YouTube channel in your future x

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a wonderful mini-album and it was so lovely hearing your voice.

alexa@clara.co.uk said...

What a super job you have made of this! Having all those hideaway places and little flaps and pull-outs makes each page so interesting and different, despite the common format. Nice to hear your voice!

Jo said...

This is really gorgeous, you must be so proud of it!