Pages

Saturday 15 July 2017

Spotlight Saturday - Portugal!

Last week Hugh and I spent a very pleasant 4 nights in Alufiera Old Town. This will be our only holiday this year as Hugh started a new job in April and this has resulted in him having fewer holiday days to take this year which is a little sad, but at least we managed to get away to the sunshine!

We arrived Monday at 1pm and checked into the hotel - a beautiful view from the balcony.
We spent the afternoon on the beach.

Tuesday we went for a walk to the Marina and recreated a photo from our first visit 7 years ago on the steps leading to the church.
In the evening we went out for a Mexian meal and of course had to try on the sombrero which was on my chair!

Wednesday we went for a walk around the Old Town and then spent the afternoon on the beach.


Thursay we went for a very long walk all along the beach, walking in the edge of the sea and collecting shells.
 I got Hugh to take this photo of me as I have a couple of cactus embellishments I need to use up!
 In the evening we had a fantastic Italian meal.


Friday was our last day and after checking out we went for another walk to the Marina
before returning to the hotel for a well deserved cold Coke Zero and to sit and read our Kindles.

We arrived back in the UK just after 11pm. A very relaxing break and it seemed much longer than 5 days/4 nights.
And I wore my bikini again - never thought I would wear a bikini but Slimming World has given me so much confidence in myself. OK, I may not be superslim but I like how I look and I am happy with that!


3 comments:

Jo said...

It looks like you had a really amazing time and packed so much in to your visit! x

Ruth said...

It looks like a wonderful play for a short visit!

alexa said...

Sun, sea, sand, lots of lovely things to eat, places to swim and walk ... sounds and looks idyllic to me. Glad you both had such a super time. Well deserved!