Pages

Saturday 16 September 2017

Spotlight Saturday - Scrapbooking Weekend

So, to continue from last weekend's post, I did do a LOT of scrapbooking over the Bloggers' Weekend - 16 layouts to be exact! I won't bore you with all of them though!

Our first challenge, before we even arrived, was a pass the page challenge - a bit like Chinese Whispers. The first person created a page and sent a photo of it to the second person - they scraplifted it to create their page then passed it on to the next and so on. However I forgot to take photos of them when they were all layed out on the table! Here is my layout though!

 
 My favourite of the whole weekend actually came about from one of Jemma's challenges. This was the 6 challenge - the layout had to include a title of just 6 letters, exactly 6 words of visible journalling, we had to use 6 different shades of cardstock or patterned papers, include a 6" strip of somthing, feature 6 embellishments and use either 6 photos or include the digit 6 on the page!
Another challenge we had was a page kit which Jemma had put together for us all. We all had the same kit and were only allowed to add photos, adhesive, ink/paint, tools and creativity. The differing pages were fantastic!
All the different layouts
Karen's layout
Ruth's layout
Kirsty's layout

My layout
The third challenge was a sketch challenge - we could take what inspiration we liked from it but there had to be something recognisable in our layouts from the sketch.
The sketch
My layout
I had such fun joining in with the challenges - they really made you think especially the '6' one!

Here are a few of my other favourite layouts from the weekend.

And finally, here are the great group of ladies whom I spent the weekend with. I really hope that they invite me again next year as I will be there like a shot!

Photo courtesy of Jemma
Photo courtesy of Jemma







2 comments:

Ruth said...

It really was such a great weekend! You were very productive, the page kits are obviously the way to go. Thanks for featuring my challenge layout!

alexa said...

Your lovely photos bring it all back - the fun, the creativity (of which yours was/is supercharged!) and the inventiveness :). Thank-you for the happy reminder ...