Pages

Sunday 3 December 2017

Spotlight oops Sunday! - A crafty good time!

Oops! I forgot to write my post on Friday so that's why there was no Spotlight Saturday this week. However that has meant that I am able to tell you about the crafty time I have had over the last couple of weekends.

Last Sunday I spent a lovely day with Wendy and Sue at the craft fair in Maidstone.

We arrived at about 11am and were having our first walk around looking at the stalls when I turned round and who should I see but Sandra! We have never met before but as we turned round and looked at each other we both blurted out the other's name!

It was so fun to meet up with yet another blog friend and we have found that we don't actually live too far away from each other and so are going to meet up in the New Year for a cup of tea and a nice catch up! Oh, and yes, I did spend some money on a few bits and pieces too!

Then onto yesterday when I went to the EKScrappers crop. I found this crop through Karen who is also a blog friend and who I sat next to when I went on the Bloggers' Retreat. Whilst chatting I found out that she runs a crop monthly only about a 35 minute drive away! I was thrilled to be invited along and have now been to 3 crops.

Yesterday's was the Christmas crop and we all took food and had such a fun time. We also celebrated Patty's 80th birthday with a cake!
AND I got to meet yet another blog friend, one I haven't seen since we met up when Deb came over to London all those years ago, the lovely Denise.
All the ladies at the crop have made me feel so welcome and I have such a fun time there. Karen also does the most divine classes using papers I wouldn't necessarily choose. This time we had 5 classes! I had to complete 2 at home as I didn't have time to do them at the crop. I will try and take some photos of the mini book and double page layout I did, oh and the card, but for the moment here is my little village.
Anyway, tomorrow Hugh and I have the day off and we are doing the Harry Potter Studio Tour for the second time but this time it will be all set up for Christmas which we didn't see when we went in June about 4 years ago! Really looking forward to it. Hope you have all had a good weekend and I'll be back hopefully next Saturday!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh how FUN that you ran into Sandra!! It's so nice to read about all these crafty outings with friends & I really like that little village!

Enjoy the Harry Potter tour - we really enjoyed it when we were there & would definitely go again in different seasons if we lived closer. :)

Patio Postcards said...

How great from you to attend a scrapping workshop - oh the pages that can get made ... your little village is so cheerful. What pleasant surprise to meet up with Sandra (I miss her blog posting). I am very envious of you getting to tour the Harry Potter studio ... cannot wait to see those posts.

Ruth said...

Cropping and Harry Potter? Sounds pretty magical to me!